Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Goodwill Goodies

Oh yeah...Today is THE day! Half off day at my local Goodwill. As I drove into the full parking lot, I could feel my excitement building. My mission today: to find glass pieces for the garden art I plan to make.


It was no surprise to find no available shopping carts. Hmmm...How was I going to carry all of my loot?? Where there's a will, there's a way, right? I made a bee-line for the glassware aisle. Not too crowded, thank goodness. I immediately found the pretty yellow plate and bowl. I loved it and thought about how gorgeous it would be with the sun shining on it in the garden. I grabbed it as fast as I could, looking around to make sure no one was going to fight me for it. Hmmm...no one cared. That's the good thing about my thrifting adventures. No one else seems to want the things I'm interested in. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?


I found several more pieces that I thought were pretty and different but I was running out of hands and FAST! What to do? I found some kind of little book holder thing-a-ma-jig to put them in. Remember, where there's a will, there's a way!


I could have done a lot more damage if I had only had a shopping cart but perhaps it was a good thing that I didn't! On the way out of the store, I saw the serious Goodwill shoppers with their rolling carts. Why didn't I think of that?  Oh well, the day's not over yet!


Take a look at what I found!




 I thought these were so delicate and such a pretty sunny yellow. I'm not sure how they will hold up if I use them for the garden art pieces but I just couldn't resist!









Grand Total:  $9.60

Oh no! I had to spend $10.00 to get my card stamped so I ran over to the Dr. Pepper cooler to make it right. (I'm sure the long line of people behind me weren't too thrilled.)

Ahhhh...What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment