Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ruby Red Garden Art



I am in love with ruby red glassware! I was super excited to see this box at the Saturday night auction I have been going to.  I got it all for $5...not too bad!  I wasn't crazy about the taller vases but I really wanted the other pieces. 



I knew that I wanted to add a little ruby pizzazz to my garden so I searched through my stash and tried different variations. I finally decided to use these beauties.  One of the pieces was from Goodwill the other day. The clear plate and bowl are from The Dollar Tree.





I used E-6000 to glue them together and here is the end result. I love the way the red looks against the foliage. If I add birdseed to the bowl, maybe the birds will love it as much as I do!


                                 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging and to my newbie party. Please add my link or button to your blog. Love the ruby reds. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world!

    My favorite color is red, so ruby glass always catches my eye.

    Love the originality in your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really pretty....I like the touches of red!

    ReplyDelete